What are the B12 Injections benefits?
- Improves Metabolism
- Improves Mood
- Promotes a Normal Appetite
- Increases Red Blood Cell Production
- Improves Liver Function which aids in digestion/breakdown of fats
- Boosts Production of Energy
- Improves sleep
- Relieves allergy symptoms
B-12 injection vs pill– The stomach acids that aid in the natural breakdown of food also breakdown Vitamin B-12 pill supplements. The body will only absorb a small amount of actual B12 from the pill. In addition, as you get older your body’s ability to absorb B12 through digestion continually decreases. In fact, many adults are unable to absorb B12 into their body at all. Injections provide a direct method of supplying your body with Vitamin B12. Medications, such as metformin reduces your body’s ability to absorb B12 making B12 injections even more important. Read more about Express’ injections.
What is Vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that plays an important role in many bodily processes, including the formation of red blood cells, DNA synthesis, and nerve function.
Vitamin B12 Deficiency Symptoms
A deficiency in vitamin B12 can lead to various symptoms and health problems. Here are some common symptoms of B12 deficiency:
- Fatigue and weakness: Vitamin B12 is involved in the production of red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body. A deficiency in B12 can lead to a decrease in the number of red blood cells, resulting in fatigue and weakness.
- Numbness and tingling: Vitamin B12 is important for nerve function, and a deficiency can lead to nerve damage. This can cause numbness, tingling, or a burning sensation in the hands and feet.
- Difficulty with balance and coordination: Nerve damage can also affect balance and coordination, leading to difficulty walking or standing.
- Digestive problems: B12 is absorbed in the intestines, and certain digestive problems can interfere with its absorption, leading to a deficiency.
- Mood changes: Some studies have linked B12 deficiency to depression and other mood disorders.